ANOTHER SUMMER LIST
June 15, 2012
So you guys remember Charlie Joe Jackson’s Guide to Summer? If not, you can refresh your memory here.
Anyway, Tess, a 5th grader in Corte Madera, CA, came up with her own list.
And it’s awesome! Here it is:
CHARLIE JOE JACKSON’S GUIDE TO SUMMER
1. Stay at least 10 miles away from school
2. Stay at least 5 miles away from any teachers
3. Hide all the sugary foods from anyone who wants them (good hiding spot ideas: Your stomach)
4. If someone is annoying you and ruining your vacation, throw something at them
5. Never look at a book over the summer
6. Showering is for losers
7. Never use the words “summer” and “book” in the same sentence
8. If your mom says you need to eat more greens then eat a lime popsicle
9. If you are asked a question about school, run away as fast as you can
10. If your dad says to put on sunblock put it on HIS face
Do you have a list? If so, send it to me at tommygreenwald.com, and I’ll put it on the blog – and it will be viewed by thousands! Or hundreds. Okay fine, tens.
Love the list, Tess! Happy Summer!
I just came across this! I loved your books.
Leave a Comment